Saturday, January 29, 2011

Welcome Back, Andie

The first draft of my new manuscript is almost finished. It has taken almost five years for me to be able to write that, so I'm pretty stoked. Unlike Andie Ross and crew, the characters in this manuscript are not very co-operative. What started as a thriller was hijacked and turned into a suspense. A romantic one at that...

I have spent fourteen years getting to know Andie, and all her strange (and foreign) little quirks. I am pretty excited about mapping out her next adventure, which I started to do last night. She does not seem nearly as happy as she did in 'Unclean' - I am getting the impression that she is upset with me for trying to kill her off in her last adventure.

Trying to convince someone like Andie that she was never in any *real* danger is like trying to convince the grass to grow down. She is really not happy with me for this incident, and for making her sit back in a cast since 2004, waiting for me to decide that I'm ready to re-focus on her and have it removed. She's also been pregnant the whole time, and let me tell you, the area of my head where she lives was not that large to start with. I think it may be getting crowded in there...

Hopefully in the coming weeks she will mellow out and stop yelling at me. If not, accidents always happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment