Sunday, February 27, 2011

Top 10 Reasons My Manuscript Isn't Done:

I keep saying this is the week I'ma finish my manuscript! And yet it never seems to happen. These are just a handful of the reasons I could use to explain this phenomenon:

1. My characters went AWOL.

2. The dog ate my keyboard (in my house, not such a far stretch since she has eaten 2 pairs of eyeglasses, 2 phone chargers, a cell phone and dozens of pairs of socks and undergarments).

3. My niece stole all my writing utensils (a year ago this would have actually held water).

4. My monitor fell off it's stand. (This has also happened. Very inconvenient.)

5. It's too hot/cold.

6. I ran out of the good coffee.

7. I need to do laundry.

8. I can't find my desk.

9. I just need to finish reading this wonderful book. Only 76 chapters left!

10. I finally find my groove and then someone comes and knocks on my door.


Used with permission from Debbie Ridpath Ohi at Inkygirl.com.


A friend of mine - she edits most of my drafts - tells me that the real reason is that I have ADD with a keyboard. 

The truth is that I experience technical difficulties if I don't give myself a deadline.

So I am participating in a 1000 words a Day Challenge (hosted by www.inkygirl.com). I pasted the badge on the top right hand corner of the blog.

Hopefully next week I'm not posting a "Top 10 Reasons My Manuscript Isn't Any Closer To Being Done".

2 comments:

  1. 1. how inconsiderate of them >_<
    2. that excuse stopped working in elementary school :p
    3. - 6. meh more excuses
    7. go naked
    8. hehe neither can I ^_^
    9. there’s never enough time to read
    10. @&$#@&!!!

    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inconsiderate indeed o.O I would fire them all but they would enjoy that and I would get even less writing done.

    Lol @ "go naked". It's cold here, I'd rather just wear dirty clothes.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete