Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Yes, You ARE Wonderful!

Everyday I learn something new about the characters in my head. Today was no different. I learned that pissing off a main character would be detrimental to my physical well being - if she were actually a person and I was the one she was threatening to bash over the head with her own arm; after I tore it off.

She was having a gunshot wound stitched; being her regularly programed self and refusing to have the area frozen - with the explanation that it would be that much harder to beat the doctor over the head with her arm, after he tore it off.

Apparently, being miserable to my main characters is a running theme.

The only thing I could say that had the potential to make her feel better was at least I haven't left her stewing with a bullet in her arm for four years - like I did to Andie with her cast.

Like anything I could say would actually make her feel better.

She has decided to go on strike for a few hours and not continue on with her life, making it difficult for me to finish the manuscript, even though she knows without a shadow of a doubt that she will catch the guy who did it because she is just that damn good. She used the word 'fabulous' more times than I can count.

I have grudgingly given her the evening off to do whatever it is that SHE wants to do - with the exception of killing any other character in my head and with the stipulation that she needs to be back sometime tonight.

She is pretty stubborn, though, so we'll have to see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment