Thursday, March 3, 2011

1000 WD Challenge

So far I have managed to keep the words coming. This is not the same as having a story that moves forward - but the object of the challenge is to out at least 1000 words into the book. They don't have to make sense, they just have to be there (unless someone finds a new rule that I happened to miss...).

It has been easier than I thought it would be. I sit down where ever (so far at the gym, the library and while on the couch "being social"), and write. Some days it takes an hour, others, when I'm distracted, it takes two or three. The important thing is that they are getting done, even in the midst of some minor home improvements.

That said... I have an estimated twenty thousand more words to write (give or take whatever the characters decide) and the projected completion date (for the first draft) is April 1st.

The end is in sight!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're well on your way. Keep up the good work :)

    Have you read the book "On Writing" by Stephen King? It's an interesting read and he also said something about writing at least 1000 words each day.

    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)

    I read "On Writing" several years ago, and I am in agreement: a very interesting read. Mary Higgins Clark's "Kitchen Privileges, A Memoir", also has an interesting take on the craft.

    :)

    ReplyDelete