Friday, June 17, 2011

So, I'm a total slacker...

And have been reminded of this many many times over the last few weeks - and by actual people to boot.

Life has been crazy busy and I have been making an attempt to cram as much of it into my days as possible - but I am a creature who is beginning to love my sleep. Which means that there are a few things that are getting neglected - including my writing.

What wasn't neglected was the book I spent an entire day reading: the fourth installment of the Outlander series - Drums of Autumn. School work? What is that? Cleaning? If I ignore it, it'll clean itself. Going for a run? Maybe if I had a treadmill. Which didn't come with the book, so I don't. Writing? Forgot how to do that - remind me when the book is finished. Who needs to eat? Not me. Maybe when this chapter is over. Or the next. Or the next.. Or when I've starved to death...

I also read the first part of someone's dissertation - three times, a few articles in the (now) backlogged stack of magazines I have, and a huge text on physics. That one was a blast. Everything I ever needed to know (and a lot of things I didn't) on current, light, and velocity...

Exams are looming and classes are almost over, so in the next few weeks I will be able to pull my socks up and get back to the real job - blowing up my characters and having discussions about blow flies with my son over the dinner table.

Sigh.  I miss that part of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment