Friday, July 29, 2011

The Boomaster Examines COD

The other day my son and I were walking past his climbing tree and he stumbled across a mourning dove that was clearly dead.

Instead of taking my word for it, he made like mama and went to investigate.

"It has no head!" he yelled, cheerfully, looking back at me. He leaned over it.

"Yup," he nodded, probably more to himself. "It is dead." He came racing back to me to report on his findings. "It must have scraped across the ground because it's whole belly is torn open."

"Maybe it got attacked by a cat?" I suggested, propelling him towards the park.

He pondered this idea. "I don't know, mama..."

The bird was forgotten about as soon as the park was in view.

An hour later, on the way home, we walked past the impromptu grave site again and he, again, needed to examine the creature.

He leaned over it to see down the gaping neck hole.

"I'm alive!" I bellowed, running up behind him.

The poor boy nearly jumped out of his skin. "Mom! It has a head still! Oh Em Gee! You scared me!"


Moral: Never bring your mother with you when trying to examine a body  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment