Wednesday, October 26, 2011

NaNoWriMo Prep

Sunday I signed up for my very first NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month).

Every November insane people sign up to write 50,000 words (for a novel) between the first and midnight on the 30th. This year I will be one of those insane people.

I am stoked. I am nervous.

Dead center in the middle of November are my exams. Somehow I need to juggle those as well as other commitments, and still find the time to write around two thousand words a day.

Not just any two thousand words. Two thousand words towards the same manuscript. No bouncing around.

For the next few days I will be preparing myself for this. Outlines, research... I feel everything needs to be organized so that I can spend the time I have actually writing - blogging about writing and being on twitter or facebook apparently doesn't count.

Thankfully I found my desk last week and it is now in proper working condition.

I am looking to use this event as motivation to get off my lazy butt (or get on my lazy butt?) and get some serious writing done. There's an idea calling to me...

For more info on this craziness, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment