Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I Have Reached: THE END!

I finally finished hammering out the ending to my NaNoWriMo2011 project. I uploaded it onto the site about ten minutes ago and have been declared a winner! Woohoo!

In a blog post written earlier today (18 or so hours ago), I mentioned a mushroom cloud hovering over my head. Now that November is over, it feels like the nuclear explosion that went off in my head a few weeks ago has tripled in magnitude. That's right, I now have more than one mushroom cloud hovering over my head.

The book is finished. It needs tweaking here and there. I have always found that the process of revision takes up so much more energy than the actual writing... I suppose I will print it off this weekend and hammer away at it some more.

For the rest of the week I will be bringing my head out of the clouds and gun fights. The house needs to be cleaned, the dog needs a few spectacular runs and my library books are overdue. My brain can now go back to math full time and I can start unpacking the boxes my dad dropped off over the weekend.

For tonight I would love to say cold beer is in order -- but I have to be up in five hours because December 1st is, sadly, not a holiday for NaNoWriMo participants. (But it should be!)

Congratulations to all other NaNo winners and participants!

Off to bed I go. *waves*

No comments:

Post a Comment