Wednesday, November 30, 2011

NaNoWriMo - The Final Day

It is six in the morning and I have been up for a little under an hour wondering about the ending of my NaNoWriMo project.

I have spent the month not writing as furiously as I should have been. I wrote my exams, finished two classes, and started two more. My dreams are filled with graphs and radicals, polyatomic ions and chemical equations. A friend told me a few weeks ago that there is a mushroom cloud over my head.

On top of these things, my life in the last week has made a drastic shift. Towards the toilet.

I shattered a tooth in math class and to extract, the dentist had to remove some jaw. That was a week ago. It has gotten more painful every day since.

My mildly autistic sister started a movement called "occupy bathroom" the day it was announced that our parents are selling the house she grew up in.

The eye doctor told me that I am getting old and need glasses full time, and also that I need to use eye drops at least daily because staring at text books and computer screens from five in the morning until eleven at night dries out my old eyeballs. I hate putting things - even drops - into my eyes. It is creepy.

If you look at my house, most specifically my room, you can probably see where the mushroom cloud over my head has come from.

Also neglected are my blog and my friends. For these I have no excuse, other than the dog ate my brain.

National Novel Writing Month ends tonight at midnight. After that my life may return to it's regularly scheduled program. I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment