Sunday, July 22, 2012

#SixSunday - Fall From Grace - Episode 10: Everyone Loves Cake

I've gone through Fall From Grace with my beta reader and have my work cut out for me over the next week (before August 1st and Camp NaNo begins). My beta got a good laugh out of the following exchange, and I hope you enjoy it as well. Please let me know what you think - your comments are always appreciated!

Background: The infamous Steph has used her mama's cake (which happens to be Ranger's favorite food group) as a bribery technique. When she tells her mom that Ranger is expecting cake - before oh-seven hundred hours, she is met with some opposition:

~

"You cannot go around bribing people with cake for breakfast," Suzanne eyed Ranger for a minute, then shook her head. "I can't, in good conscience, feed you cake for breakfast."

"That's okay, Ma'am, I knew that it was too good to be true."

"You can have cake for dessert, if you'd like."

"Dessert after breakfast?"

"I have never seen a rule book stating that you can't have dessert after breakfast," she told him.

~

I may have missed the memo, but I've never seen a rule about this either. Anyone else?

Thanks for stopping by every week and leaving your thoughts :)

You can check out the other six sentence Sunday offerings here. Happy reading!

KSJ

P.S: Next week, I'm hoping to introduce you to Charlize. See you then ;)

8 comments:

  1. Dessert after breakfast? Sign me up! Yep, this made me lol! Fun six, Keeley. (And good luck with the editing. It is a never-ending undertaking in my experience.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica, glad you enjoyed it. Dessert after breakfast? Aw heck, I think I've had dessert FOR breakfast. Recently too, I may add. Sometimes editing just demands to be partnered with cheesecake and coffee ;)

      Delete
  2. I loved it!! Dessert after breakfast!! Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lyric, thanks for stopping by :) I will definitely count you in. We can skip the breakfast part, though, just head straight to dessert, lol.

      Delete
  3. We've done dessert AS breakfast and dessert AFTER breakfast in our house on occasion so I say your characters should carry on LOL! Enjoyed the excerpt, fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veronica - thanks :) I've done dessert for breakfast too. Although let's be honest, I didn't call it dessert, I called it breakfast...

      Delete
  4. oh I am all in! Dessert after breakfast :) this is such a fun post...looking forward to next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maryellen :) I'll count you in as well. Maybe next week I'll eat dessert while I post ;)

      Delete