Sunday, July 1, 2012

#SixSunday - Unclean

It's Canada Day! Happy Birthday to the wonderful country I call home!

Today I have picked six from the thriller, Unclean, published in 2010. Background: James and Lacey (the detectives) are looking for leads to help solve a murder. James is attempting to force Lacey outside of her comfort zone - so that she will do the work he doesn't want to do. The conversation starts with him asking about slasher flicks from the eighties, most specifically, Friday the 13th.:

~

“Does it look like I care, because I don't. Now can we please get back to work?”

“Sometimes you need to look outside of your anal retentive box, Lacey, so you can put yourself into the head of the killer.”

“How is watching a cheap slasher flick going to help me get into the head of a killer, James? The killer is a zombie. You want me to pick his non brain while letting him nibble on mine?”

~

Needless to say, James doesn't have any luck, but we can give him points for his attempt.

Enjoy the other Six Sunday offerings found here, and have a great day!

KSJ

2 comments:

  1. I love the humor in her response, shows her character.

    I also find the idea of detectives and zombies an interesting and unexpected combination; it implies more intellect behind the zombie's motives (or someone using the zombie as a weapon) than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the idea id zombies :) so many different ways to take this...

    ReplyDelete