Sunday, August 5, 2012

#SixSunday - Desolation - Episode 1: Coffe, Anyone?

It's the first weekend in August and a few days into Camp Nano, which means I'm posting sentences from my Camp project.

Desolation begins 43 days after Unclean ends.

Background:

The main character, Andie, has been in a cast. She's having some trouble sleeping without kicking her husband in... places... so he's started sleeping on the couch. Early in the morning (READ: six a.m.) she crutches down the stairs to wake him up for work. He tells her to keep it down.

Oh boy.

The following is six sentences of what happens next:

~

I slammed my crutches into the tiles and made sure to drop my casted foot as hard as I would be able to stand. Coffee; I tried to focus on anything but bashing him in the head with a crutch, my cast, a kitchen chair or the coffee pot. He mumbled something into the pillow.

"Would you like a cup of coffee?" I seethed, thinking I might just dump it over his head. I wouldn't, only because I would be stuck cleaning up the mess. And I hated wasting coffee.

~

I personally am not a fan of having coffee dumped on my head (yup, for real, I've had it dumped on my head. It was a gift to me, for me, love me when I was 16 months old... Whoops...). I'm also not a fan of wasting it. Coffee is just sacred.

Do you think the husband deserves such a punishment?

Stop by the Six Sunday website here to check out the offerings of some very talented authors.

Have a great Sunday :)

KSJ

4 comments:

  1. Loved your six sentence sunday. Check out mines. :)
    http://www.soniawrites.com/2012/08/six-sentence-sunday-his-backward-ways.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like two non-morning people dealing with extenuating circumstances. I hope they forgive each other when their brains wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of realism here, I enjoyed the voice and the thoughts...hope she doesn't scald the poor guy tho! Excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Veronica, this feels like a very realistic relationship. I hope they both survive the wake up routine. Good luck with camp :)

    ReplyDelete