Sunday, August 12, 2012

#SixSunday - Desolation - Episode 2: Stand Still So I can Shank You.

It's been such a long and emotionally draining week. I was on target for Camp NaNo until Wednesday. I honestly haven't done much of anything since then. I think another day of sleep is in order and maybe Monday I'll start to play catch up.

For now, it's on to the sentences.

~

"You need a haircut," I said. "With pruning shears. Come over here and I'll start with the fuzz over your carotid."

He slowly stood up, making sure to stretch all the muscles that I wanted to shank with a dull spoon.

"Andie, what are you doing on the floor?" He was laughing at me.

"I'm trying to find a new husband," I snarled, "since my first one disappeared."

~

I'm a little slow getting back to comments this week but I will be responding. I appreciate every one :)

Have a great Sunday!

KSJ

5 comments:

  1. Love her snide remarks and his humor. Clearly, they've been together for a while. Very realistic dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica :)

      They have been together for about a decade. Some days it must feel like a decade too many ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the interaction between these two. Snark--my favorite form of communication. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Silver, thanks for stopping by :)

      It's also my favorite form of communication. Maybe that's where they get it from?

      Delete
  3. That's my girl - brilliant as always!

    ReplyDelete