Sunday, August 26, 2012

#SixSunday - Desolation - Episode 4: Somebody is Having a BAD Day...


It's the last week of Camp NaNo and I am struggling to hammer out those words every day. Some day's it's easier than others. Some days I stare at the screen for hours and only manage two hundred words. The point, I hope, is that I'm at least getting those two hundred words. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

At the beginning of the month my character was having a particularly rough day, with a visitor that she wanted nothing to do with, whatsoever. The following six are her thoughts, and they mirror mine in so many ways:

~

There was nothing that I could say to her, because if I opened my mouth I would go straight for her throat, with my teeth, and didn't see that passing over well.

She smiled, satisfied that she had successfully rattled my cage. The last thing that I wanted to see from this bitch was a genuine smile. I wouldn't have minded a genuine "I'm sorry to disturb you, ma'am," even though I hated being called ma'am. This woman should have been calling me ma'am. With her jaw wired shut.

~
Check out some other offerings here.

Thanks for stopping by :)

KSJ

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! From what I understand, most of us have felt this way at least once, lol.

      Delete
  2. copy that KSJ. Totally can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last line is terrific, Keeley! (And sometimes pulling words out your mind is like pulling teeth outta your head, except you want to yank the good ones. Hmm, on second thought, they're not at all alike....)

    ReplyDelete