Sunday, September 16, 2012

#SixSunday - Desolation - Episode 7: Another One Bites the Dust


Good morning!

I forgot to set my alarm this morning after forgetting to post my sentences last night. Thankfully, the puppy gets irate if no one is awake with him by exactly 7:12 every morning. He gets upset and then, just in case I can't hear him, our other dog, Lady Jaye, busts into my room and jumps on me. It's one hundred pounds of wake up call.

This weeks post is a few thoughts from Lacey. She's one of Andie's best friends and works with James, Andie's husband. She's been in her first 'long term' relationship (which has lasted all of five months) and is about to have her heart broken.

~

Matthew, she thought again, gritting her teeth. What he had said to her on the phone when she was racing off to the crime scene with with James the day before was that he thought they needed to talk. About seeing other people.

Seeing. Other. People.

The words still hung around her like a cloud of nasty rancid smoke from a bonfire full of Styrofoam.

Who said those types of thing, she wondered. Who? WHO?

~

This is the worst thing that's ever happened to Lacey in a relationship. What about you? Posting the worst that's ever happened to me will probably get me in trouble. Runner up was when a guy broke up with me (I was 18, he was 21) on Christmas eve because '[I] spend more time with [my] family then with [him].' o.O

Go here to see the works of other contributors.

Thanks for stopping by this week and sharing your thoughts!

KSJ

6 comments:

  1. I can really feel her fuming emotions in this short snippet. And she's right, who says that?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Clare :)

      Who indeed?!

      Delete
  2. Wow, her frustration surely comes through in this excerpt - terrific six! I hope things get better for her...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Veronica, thanks! I hope they do too!

      Delete
  3. Puppy alarm clocks might not have a snooze button, but they make up for it in cuteness. I like the emotion in your six. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess!

      Puppy alarm clocks need a breath mint feature ;)

      Delete