Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Update: Gone with the WIND mobile

While I was at work last night my sister heard from WIND.

Here is the email they sent:

Thank you for this information.
I've taken a look at your account and see the last time you had spoken with someone from WIND was yesterday.
I am sorry that there is suspected fraud on your account, however the way to resolve this issue is to file a police report.
Once you have filed and obtained the police report, please either fax it to us at 1-866-216-9923 with attn: Collections
or email us a scanned copy to info@windmobile.ca
 
However, I do want to let you know that the line that was activated without your permission was also a pay before line.
 
If this is a situation of Fraud (and not just an in-store agent error) the issue itself has been contained in sense that, we have cancelled the pay before line. No monthly re-occuring charges will be charged to
 
For this reason, it is not necessary to go through with a Police Report.
Pay Before lines must be topped up by the Customer in order to be active and even if you had Pre-Authorized payment set up on your account, only the last 4 digits of the credit card would ever be displayed to anyone from WIND looking at your account.
I would advise that you call Customer Care and change your 4 digit PIN number and your two security questions if you are worried about account security.

~

I'm not sure what she sent back, and what I would have sent is probably unsuitable for public consumption.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression of what they are saying is that they fixed the issue by removing the fraudulent activation from our account, so case closed. Oh, and we should change all our passwords with them.

Why? Obviously changing our information isn't going to make it more secure within this company. Has the employee who accessed and then used our information been terminated? What are you going to do to ensure that this doesn't happen to anyone else? Also - your apology means diddly to us, we've spent over three days dealing with your gargantuan error. We still have to pay to have our identification changed to make sure that your employee doesn't use it again. What are you going to do about this?

Today I did further research on what other people are tweeting about WIND.

As it turns out, a fellow in Vancouver is experiencing the same issue. They hooked up an account using his info without his knowledge or permission. His posts are two days old. He's getting the same run around as we are. WIND replied to him saying they are a few days behind in their emails.

WIND mobile - when it comes to actually serving your customers, I give you negative five stars.

2 comments:

  1. What you suspect is totally right. Wind feels its taken care of! The employee will not be terminated, There was a case not too long ago where a customer recorded a wind rep telling them that some features were included, grossly over exaggerated the calling area. the customer had the proof and nothing was done. I suggest you keep at the police on this and keep us all posted. Well until wind blocks you from the FB page. That is the wind way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has just happened to me. I received a collection letter with only my name and address, no balance owing or account information. Turns out someone used my name, birthdate and home # to open a Wind account, get a new phone, make about 3 dozen calls (to a Roger's store, a lawyer and the Toronto Star) and then that's it.

    Now it's my problem, calling the Police, Equifax, TransUnion and multiple calls to Wind.

    How can they give a phone to someone with no real ID?

    ReplyDelete