Sunday, October 21, 2012

#SixSunday - Desolation - Episode 12: It Came From Inside The Garage

I am still having issues with tomorrow being Monday. I've had an extended weekend - I blew off school on Friday and booked the weekend off work. It's not like I caught up on sleep or anything, the puppy still likes his early morning wake up calls, but it was a good idea, in theory...

Background:

Andie has just found a stowaway in her garage. This 'stowaway' happens to be a puppy that her son Jeremy found locked in a cage. So he did what he thought was right. He stole it, brought it home, stashed it in the garage and fed it Oreo cookies. He also called it Sneaky and 'forgot' to mention it to mom and dad.

Oooops.

~

James was supposed to discuss the reality of taking on the furball with his son. When I had called him at work and told him about 'Sneaky' his first response had been to laugh.

James was about to be duped by his only child's stolen pet, I thought, unsure of where to go from there. There was no way we could keep a puppy.

But Jeremy had been through so much in his five short years. I felt myself slipping, starting to sympathize with the boy who dognapped puppies.

~

Thanks for stopping by this week! Your comments are always appreciated :)

See more posts here.

Have a great Sunday!

KSJ


4 comments:

  1. I predict they're going to keep the puppy LOL. Very heartwarming six!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last line. Such a brash move on Jeremy's part. They're in for quite a time when he reaches 14.

    ReplyDelete