Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Exam Cram and How I Contaminated #Toronto

I typically have less trouble with exams than tests. This year it feels as though all my knowledge has spilled out in my non sleep. On Monday I needed to re read all my notes AND the text to prepare. By Tuesday.

This wasn't cool because I worked that night and, as mentioned, was sick.

And so, because I'm a master procrastinator, I sat on the subway writing a blog post instead of reading.

I'm pretty sure we've had the procrastination conversation before.

This procrastinate thing is one of the reasons I only have a single novel in publication. A novel that took three weeks to write, five years to edit, and two years collecting dust to get published. My NaNo writing from 2011 was five years in the making. My Camp NaNo project is supposed to be the sequel to Unclean. Already I'm plotting the next installment in the Fall From Grace line - and I haven't finished the first yet.

Apparently I'm a forward thinker...

Today is Wednesday and I've been working on this post since Monday on the subway. So I will update while I wait for my coffee to brew.

Yesterday - exam day one - I left home feeling relatively confident that I would get to read up on passive and active transport - the only thing I was grossly uncomfortable with - when I arrived at school twenty minutes before I needed to be there.

Instead I arrived fifteen minutes late and didn't know passive transport from a wet noodle.

How does that happen?

My tardiness on exam day can be summarized by three words that any Torontonian will know:

Toronto Transit Commission.

Yes, my lovelies. The TTC had issues and several hundred people at the station - including yours truly - were delayed by thirty minutes before we could finally carry on.

I don't know about anyone else, but I personally can't handle being stuck in an overstuffed sardine can. I can't handle it at anytime, during flu season makes it worse. But this time I was the sick person trying not to cough all over the innocent sardines surrounding me.

The woman standing in front of me kept elbowing me in the chest. Not her fault, it was packed. The back of her head got coughed on, the doors opened, and fifty million germs went racing through the train, latching onto dozens of unsuspecting patrons. It was a virus's dream come true.

My mom always taught me to share. I hope she's proud.

Seriously though, I feel bad. Unfortunately, living in a sterile bubble and never leaving my room isn't an option for me at the moment. So off to places I go, and hopefully, I don't get elbowed again.

Eat your veggies!

KSJ

2 comments:

  1. Omigosh! I would go crazy being trapped like that...so many people and so many germs! Eep! Hope you don't get elbowed again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm...not exactly the type of sharing I had in mind, but I'm glad you were listening while I tried to teach you SOMETHING!!

    ReplyDelete