Monday, November 5, 2012

#NaNo 2012

I participated in NaNo last year and did well. By 'did well', I mean that I walked away with 64,000 words strung together to form reasonable sentences - for the most part.

Since then I have done major rewrites and figured out the actual ending.

In August I signed up for Camp NaNo, which turned out to be a nice way to get 25,000 words for a third manuscript.

Whether or not to torture and sleep deprive myself this month was considered - for about thirty seconds. In the end, after the lengthy debate with myself, I opted out.

Here's why:

Like last year I'm a student. I also work full-time. My exams start this week. And, the reason I'm writing this at 3:30 am is because I'm waiting for serious sinus medication to kick in. If it doesn't soon we are going to have issues, and, in the words of Russell Peters, "Someone gonna get hurt real bad."

For all you crazy kids out there participating, good luck and God speed. See you December 4th.

KSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment