Sunday, November 11, 2012

#SixSunday - Desolation - Episode 15: Say It Ain't So

The following six takes a place soon after Andie discusses the feeling of death walking through her house. (You can catch that post, from two weeks ago, here.)

~

I checked her pulse because I was a doctor and obligated to save her if I could, but I already knew by the blood coating the entire surface area of the floor that I was too late. The feel of my best friend's cooling hand beneath my finger tips told me that I was right. There was nothing; no pulse, no rise and fall of her chest, no response whatsoever.

That's when I noticed her eyes. I knew better than to touch her but the black marks were too familiar. The hairs on my neck prickled.

~

There's another storm about to roll over us, the thunder is getting loud. Today will be spent inside with great reading material and silly amounts of coffee. (See what I'm reading today by heading over here with your beverage of choice.)

Thanks for stopping by :)

KSJ

You can follow me on Facebook by clicking on this link. Hope to see you there!

3 comments: