Sunday, December 16, 2012

#SixSunday - Desolation - Episode 20: The Tempest

Christmas break is around the corner, and I'm pumped for it. A few weeks off school, I'm taking a week off work, and I'm hoping to get some much needed down time to study and (possibly) finish Fall From Grace.

I signed up for Six Sunday late this week. And by late, I really mean that it was three hours and five minutes to the deadline. I was considering not participating, because I'll be honest. I haven't put pen to paper in almost a month. Not seriously, at any rate. My notebook has bits and pieces that I've come across here and there, but if I was looking for at least six sentences strung together cohesively, I was looking at Cornwell's Unnatural Exposure or Evanovich's One For The Money (just watched the movie, it didn't disappoint).

And so my lovelies, today I am making this up as I go along. Enjoy!

~

Tempest ran circles around my feet as I tried to get from the front door to the alarm pad. Someone was home, or someone was in trouble for not crating the beast while the house was empty. She had already proven herself capable of tearing the place to shreds in under two hours.

I tripped over her again, and felt the now familiar twinge in my still tender foot. This was not going to be a good day to be me, I could already tell. The baby started howling somewhere, and I reached down to make sure that mine was where she was supposed to be.

~

I'm being hustled off the blog to play with the Boomaster. He's growing up so fast. Later on, when he's in bed, I'll catch up on reading here.

Have a great day, guys!

KSJ

2 comments:

  1. A very realistic scene, could feel the frustration with the dog...terrific six! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete