Sunday, December 23, 2012

#SixSunday - Desolation - Episode 21: Stuffing

Happy Holidays!

It's that time again, and I'm not talking about it being Sunday. It's Christmas vacation and I'm off school until the New Year. I'm so stoked!

~

I walked into the living room with my eyes closed, wondering with every step what horrors awaited me.

Jeremy had been diligent about cleaning up after Tempest, even after she had torn all the filling out of the couch and dragged it through every room in the house. She had shredded all the laundry in his hamper and had spent a week crapping out fluff and denim. He had cried when he found his favorite stuffed animal headless but hadn't turned his back on the dog he had rescued - by stealing.

I opened one eye because that always seemed to trick my brain into thinking that things could be significantly less terrible than they actually were.

Boy and dog were both sleeping on the new couch, which seemed to be intact. I breathed a sigh of relief and my other eye popped open.

~

I hope you're all enjoying the season. We have had our first "snow fall" and my pup (who turned eight months yesterday) didn't know what to do with himself. Today we are going to the park. I'm hoping that the dogs have left some snow for him to roll in.

Check out what I'm reading today by following this link.

Merry Christmas!

KSJ


3 comments:

  1. Love how opening one eye tricks the brain. I have done that before. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the one eye trick LOL! A very real and engaging scene you painted in today's six!

    ReplyDelete