Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goodbye, 2012!

My son was born ten years ago on January 1st. Tonight, as the New Year - and his birthday - approach, he is with his buddy in his room playing minecraft and listening to the minecraft parodies on youtube.
 
2012 was a hard year for us, and him especially. I won't go into much detail because I'm running short on space and frankly, it's boring, so let's just say that I hope 2013 is a better year.
 
I want to live life forward without dwelling on the past. In some cases that's not possible. I'm greeted at the door by an eight month old white shepherd rescue who is a constant reminder of who I've lost. Honestly, as I sit here writing this, I realize that I need him to keep me grounded. I am a different person than I was the day I said goodbye to my best friend. I'd even go so far as to say I'm a stronger person.
 
I'm not much for resolutions and this year is no different. What I am hopeful for is to take my experiences and learn from them.
 
Major goal for 2013? Get my manuscript (Fall From Grace) finished and ready for publication.
 
Happy New Year. May 2013 bring you all the joy you deserve.
 
And of course, Happy Birthday to my Boomaster.
 
KSJ
 


No comments:

Post a Comment