Sunday, January 13, 2013

#SixSunday - Desolation - Episode 24: Oh Those Hippos

Happy Sunday my lovelies.

So it's the very end of another week - a long one, with back to school and working. Some days I'm convinced that sleep dislikes me, it usually stands just beyond my grasp.

Today I rescued the pup from the Martha Stewart Pets square thing that my sister had given to him, five minutes earlier. It was wearing a bow tie. In the next day or two something else will be wearing a bow tie. Let's just say it's not going to be the dog toy. Who puts such things on a toy for dogs, anyway? That's the same as handing a baby a bunch of teddy bear eyeballs and telling them to have fun.

This week I am pillaging sentences from early on in the manuscript, not from lack of writing (surprisingly), but for lack of writing anything worthy.

~

I woke up the next morning in much the same state as I had the one before - the hippopotamus feet dancing on my bladder at four thirty in the morning made the mad crutch for the bathroom extremely interesting. And slightly dangerous.

Half an hour later I was leaning on a single crutch staring into my closet. There weren't many cast friendly options sticking out at me. For the most part I had been wearing tracks and, occasionally, jeans that flared in the legs to accommodate the monstrosity that was my leg.

Unfortunately, going back to work meant that I needed to dress the part. I stood staring, hoping that something would come flying off a hook and slap me in the face.

~

I'm spending the rest of the day listening to my son and his buddies make oinking sounds and roll of the floor laughing over mooshrooms in Minecraft. (A mooshroom is a red and white cow with mushrooms sprouting out its back, in case, like me, you didn't know.)

In between bouts of laughter I'll be checking out the posts here on the Six Sunday website.

Have a great day!

KSJ

4 comments:

  1. Quite a set if dilemmas your character has today! Enjoyed the excerpt, hope your day will be fun with the kids and the game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed she does... Thanks Veronica ;) The day was awesome. Boys love their video games!

      Delete
  2. Oh, the difficulties of deciding on work clothes when other options get in the way. I've never had to wear a cast, but I have had other footwear-related issues due to my joints suddenly deciding they don't like the only pair of smart shoes that goes with a particular suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would so suck... Sounds like you need a refund on those joints ;)

      One time my dog ate the only pair of shoes that could be worn with appropriate court room attire - the night before they were needed for court...

      Delete