Sunday, January 27, 2013

#SixSunday - #WIP - Episode 1: What a Bloodless Mess

It's the last official weekend for Six Sunday and to mark it, I'm posting the start of a new project I started working on last night when the drive to write it outweighed my drive to study for my physics final tomorrow.

~

Michael was in one of the flag draped caskets being off loaded onto the tarmac.

"You sent him back in a coffin?" I asked, my fury mounting.

"Casey, it's the only way to get a dead soldier home," her reply was much too casual, and I chalked it up to her being on another continent and thus far, far away from my ability to poison her.

"How do we even know he's dead when I haven't had a chance to look at him?"

"Calm down Casey," Adler warned. "He may not be dead, but he has no blood, and in the human world, exsanguination typically means death."

~

I hope you're all enjoying this fabulous last weekend of January.

Make your weekend more wonderful by checking out the official Six Sunday site.

Cheers!

KSJ

P.S: Happy Birthday to my mom! She just turned 29. Again. ;)

6 comments:

  1. You're off to a good start there.
    Got a title?
    Nice six!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Frank! No title yet, heck, not even sure where it's going or where it came from... Maybe we'll all know more next week?

      Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, intriguing! Can't wait to read more...I've enjoyed your Six Sentence Sunday excerpts :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Veronica :) Thanks for stopping by every week and leaving your feedback. I have loved checking out your six every Sunday -- and hope you'll keep posting!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to see Six Sentence Sunday going. Will you keep it going or do something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nigel, thanks for stopping by :)

      There is some chatter about other sites/writers hosting similar memes... I'm probably going to continue afterwards, regardless -- it's become quite an enjoyable habit, I'm afraid ;)

      Hope to see you again!

      Delete