Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Writing Tip

Use the camera on your cell phone.

I know what you're thinking. I should stick to my day job and not dole out advice. If you're not thinking that, fear not, because I am.

I use the camera on my phone, and even have a fancy Android app called cam scanner (you can find that here), because I'm the kind of person who will write on a napkin, a roll of toilet paper, myself, and even a coffee filter, should paper not be available. Yes, I could just pull up a writing app on my phone, but sometimes I need the physical act of writing to stimulate the synapses in my head.

Now that we know I'm that kinda writer, its also relevant to know that I'm the kinda person who will wash the writing off my body, or toss the crumpled up napkins without making sure they aren't literary masterpieces. It's cold season, people.

What I've been doing is writing and then taking a snapshot, or scanning it. That way I have the writing, and don't lose the BEST SENTENCE OF MY LIFE, by passing it on to my son so he can blow his nose.

Good luck!

KSJ

I'm on Facebook! Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. Innovative, Keeley! Much like composers keeping digital recorders with us at all times - never thought of using my android camera, but I do use my cell phone's voice recording and memo apps :-)

    ReplyDelete