Sunday, March 31, 2013

#8Sunday - Drained - Episode 10: Here Kitty Kitty



Happy Easter!

I haven't done much writing the last few weeks, because I tore the tendons in my arm basically from the neck down  and - because it hurts like the dickens - I was saving its usefulness for my calculus midterm that was on Thursday night. Since that's over, I suspect this week will be more productive. But probably not by much.

Anyway, because of the aforementioned situation, I'm carrying on this week where I left off last week.

~

"Michael," she purred, and I almost laughed at how preposterous it was that she would actually purr while communicating, especially with someone she was, without a doubt, planning on killing.

"Is this what they mean when they call something poetic justice?" I wanted to know.

"I don't guess I even like poetry, Ma'am, but I reckon so, he grunted.

I felt bad laughing in the shadow of his impending doom; even though that wasn't EXACTLY what I was doing.

"It's not," he countered, laughing himself. "You're laughing at this nut job purring like a kitty cat while preparing to hook me up to tubes and liberate my blood."

Mask lady was walking towards him. Was that a riding crop in her hand?

~

Thanks for stopping by this weekend. your feedback is always appreciated :)

I hope you're all having a wonderful Easter weekend!

Check out the wewriwa talent here.

Cheers!

Keeley

7 comments:

  1. Keeley, this is so good--your writing flows!
    I particularly liked this line: ""I don't guess I even like poetry, Ma'am, but I reckon so, he grunted."

    Good snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He doesn't seem upset that his blood will be liberated. This little purring one must be something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very intriguing story, always leaves me wanting more. Terrific snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter, Keeley!

    Interesting. She sounds like a real psycho. Wonder if there is method behind the madness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does he even realize what is about to happen? I like her evilness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Keeley, Just checking on you. How is your arm doing--tendons on the mend? I do hope so. It must be so tough to be a mom with a little one, and have that injury. Sending healing wishes your way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm so sorry about your injury! Good heavens that sounds painful. Ugh. But you still posted a snippet--what a trooper! And oh yeah, a riding crop in her hand. Someone's in for it. :)

    ReplyDelete