Sunday, March 3, 2013

#8Sunday - Drained - Episode 6: Damn You, Harry Potter

Well hello there and welcome back to another #8Sunday. This week finds the illustrious Casey Scott, mutator of mutants extraordinaire, in a less than comfortable position, in the head of her maybe not dead -- but definitely bloodless -- colleague.

If you have no idea what's actually going on, don't feel bad, I really don't either, but you can check out last weeks anyway ;)

~

The General was at my side even as the shriek came out.

"Casey?"

A knife had been rammed into my vertebra. A knife wearing Harry Potter's cloak of invisibility.

My vision blurred and I fell to my knees. I could vaguely hear the General mumbling into some contraption.

I ignored him as the pain flowered in my brain and suddenly Michael was there, begging me to embrace it so he could tell me what had happened to him.

The world coalesced behind my eyes and I was in Michael's head, sifting through his demons.

~

My schedule has changed at work this weekend so I will be conducting random drive by reading/commenting on the wonderful posts that you can find at the WeWriWa site.

You can find the entire story (sofar) by heading here. Your feedback is always appreciated :)

Cheers!

Keeley

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Keeley! Does this work count as combat?? Seems no safer then being sent to combat. Intriguing snippet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most intriguing story and the excerpt was over too soon - I NEED to know MOAR. Today LOL. Excellent snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Sounds like it's more than she bargained for there.

    ReplyDelete