Sunday, March 24, 2013

#8Sunday - Drained - Episode 9: That 'Je Ne Sais Quoi"

Welcome back to another eight sentence Sunday!

This week follows last week (missed that? Check it out here).

~

Second - the je ne said quoi that I just mentioned, they have it so that they can bed the enemy, because everyone knows that bedding the enemy makes for interesting pillow talk. Afterwards they are expendable.

Back to the brain waves.

I wasn't yet sure what had transpired between Madame Surgical Mask and Michael, but by the taste of his bile, it wasn't pretty.

Rumor had it that Michael had only a single failed mission in his dossier, and I was betting it had something to do with this masked bitch.

He kept his rage in check but I could feel the sweat starting to form on his body as his temperature rose.

"Easy there, big guy," I whispered, forgetting for a moment that I was but an observer and time travel was still impossible. He chuckled in my head, but I could sense his discomfort.

~

Who is this woman? And why is she wearing a surgical mask? Those are my questions, and I'm hoping to find out soon.

Thanks for stopping by! Click here to find links to the wonderful authors participating in this week's eight sentences!

Cheers :)

Keeley

5 comments:

  1. I love your narrator's voice! "...it had something to do with this masked bitch." Nice!

    Excellent eight, Keeley!

    I hope this week--with March break over, was a bit more calm for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the voice is cold and clinical and clearly in charge! Nice build in tension!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fascinating story and I really want MORE. Excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! She's very sympathetic to him. I want to know more about the masked lady too.

    ReplyDelete