Sunday, April 21, 2013

#8Sunday - Drained: Episode 13 - Back In Body #WeWriWa



It's that time of week again!

Lets be honest. I'm still pretty much out. I haven't REALLY been using the arm - as per doctor's orders - but it's getting a little silly. The other night at work (yup, still working with one arm in a sling) I filled out a packet of paperwork with my left hand. It looked like a seven year old had written all my information on the form. A seven year who can stay between the lines and spell everything correctly. I was pretty impressed with myself. Boo-yah!!

I found this awesmazing (my twelve year old niece deserves credit for introducing me to this word) app in the Apple Store that converts my speech to text, and, because I NEED to be writing somehow, I caved and decided to try it out. My poor left hand needs a break sometimes.

I "wrote" the following eight sentences (and the entire chapter I pulled this excerpt from) by talking to an app on an iPad. It turned out okay as long as I stopped immediately and corrected words like "dissertation" into the much more appropriate "disembodied". The app clearly needs me to talk to it more. At some point I may post an uncorrected version of something just so we can all have a chuckle. Maybe on Monday. Everyone needs a laugh on a Monday. It's Monday. 'Nuf said.

~

I tried to shake my head, which didn't work well since I was so disembodied.

"Michael," she jerked his head up by ramming her crop under his jaw.

"Yes?" His voice was husky, tone matching hers.

I sat quietly in the background and watched the scene unfold before me, as morbid as a train wreck. I couldn't tear my eyes away from the beautiful woman whom he called Mare and her absolute hatred for this man I loved; whose empty, naked body was currently lying on a gurney in my labs, waiting for me.

She was whipping his groin with her crop, furious that he wasn't responding to the pain that she was trying so hard to cause.

I felt the memory tear, as though a yard of fabric was being torn off the ream, and I was back in the hallway with the General crouched on the floor beside me.

~

Thanks for stopping by this week and leaving your feedback!

Check out the awesmazing wewriwa talent by following this link.

Cheers!

Keeley

8 comments:

  1. Very intriguing. A lot going on. I would have liked to have seen a blurb with this. Hope your arm heels soon, that's a bummer for a writer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cara!

      It is a bummer but I'm at least gaining from the experience and walking away with abilities and resources I didn't think about before...

      :)

      Delete
  2. I WANT the rest of this story! Another intriguing excerpt...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I'ma working on it, ma'am ;)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, so provocative! And I'm glad you found the speech to text app. Is it Dragon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      Yes, it's the dragon dictation app. I used dragon naturally speaking a few years ago on my desktop and it was so much more frustrating, lol. Haven't gotten much writing done this week, but the app has been making what I do get done less painful.

      Delete
  4. Hi Keeley. Wow, I'm liking this story! A lot of going on--and you such a wonderful way of stringing words together to set a mood, to infuse tension and emotion. Good job.

    Heal fast :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! Surgeon appointment Tuesday so fingers crossed :)

      Delete