Sunday, April 28, 2013

#8Sunday - Drained - Episode 14: History




Last week the General dragged Casey back to the present. This week she's sitting in his office, getting her bearing, as he's talking to two soldiers, about heaven knows what, but she suspects that it's got something to do with her. The soldiers bolt as soon as they can, practically racing each other to the elevator.

~

I'm not the lying type, so I won't start doing it now; it can be creepy sixty feet below ground. The halls may be well lit but knowing that one foundational crack or well dropped bomb could send the earth crashing down on us was far from comforting. Also a contribution to creep factor were the rumors that flew around about what we actually did down here. 

Some said that we studied aliens. Others said that we were engineering a super virus. Neither were really that far from the truth, but I wasn't about to be the one to spill those beans. I wasn't stupid, and my contract prohibited it. Breaching that wasn't on my to-do list; I'd seen what had happened to the last asshat who had made that mistake.

~

Click here to be taken to the Weekend Writing Warrior site where you will find the works of many fabulous writers.

Thanks for stopping by this weekend. Your feedback is always appreciated :)

Cheers!

KSJ

7 comments:

  1. What's happening here. Somethings amiss. Aliens, tunnel... It's got my attention. I want more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm in. You made me curious--and your descriptions are quite evocative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very mysterious and intriguing! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some said we studied aliens...hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This story really intrigues me, enjoyed today's excerpt as always! I want more...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good. I'm wondering what they really do down there too! I'll have to read back. I was out of the loop for a while.



    History Sleuth's Writing mysteries

    ReplyDelete