Sunday, May 5, 2013

#8Sunday - Drained - Episode 15: Cavanough

Keeping it short to rest the arm for commenting later on when I'm more awake. This week starts a few sentences from where last weeks ended:

~

"Are you well enough to walk, Casey?" His voice was gruff but his eyes gave away the concern behind the tough exterior.

"Yes Sir," I nodded to emphasize how awesome I was feeling, and regretted it mid nod. There were nails rattling around in there, I was sure. The smile plastered on my face probably looked more creepy than convincing. I shrugged to myself.

"Major Cavanough needs to see us."

Creepy smile vanished, and I found myself wishing that I could go back in time and unsmile, just to avoid meeting with Cavanough.

~

Check out the talented offerings of the other WeWriWa participants here.


Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts :)

Keeley

3 comments:

  1. I love the characterization in this, Keeley. Love this: "There were nails rattling around in there, I was sure. The smile plastered on my face probably looked more creepy than convincing." And I love how you brought the smile back around at the end. Great 8!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing excerpt, I definitely felt for your poor character and the way the "creepy" smile came and went was effective. Terrific snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I really want to know what's going on.

    ReplyDelete