Sunday, May 12, 2013

#8Sunday - Drained - Episode 16: Human Among Us

It's that time again, and Happy Mothers Day!

This week is another continuation of last week.

~

Cavanough's office was on the main level. He was a human who insisted on being surrounded by humans and his New York accent grated on my nerves the same way nails on a chalkboard did.

He was a pompous jackass -- an uppity know-it-all who was arrogantly convinced that his degrees in war fighting and philosophy made him the best candidate for second in command.

Of the twenty-six in the project, only three of us had never been to war. He was one of them. So was I, but I felt that I had spent enough time with our guys to see the effects that the front line had on them. I could be sympathetic when their missions went wrong, patch them up, and do everything in my power to make things less painful. Cavanough would come to see them and the first words passing his thin lips would be tsk tsk.

~

Check out posts by other WeWriWa participants here.

I hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful Mother's Day Sunday! Thanks for stopping by :)

Keeley

5 comments:

  1. This story is SO interesting. and I already dislike Cavanaugh on general principles LOL. Another terrific snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I loathe Cavanough already! Wondering whether he will continue as a bad guy, or turn out to be a good one with lousy people skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Keeley! "Cavanough would come to see them and the first words passing his thin lips would be tsk tsk." <--- I already don't like that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I can actually here Cavanough talking now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cavanough is not my favorite person in the world but I have the feeling that this will be either twisted around or making me dislike him even more.

    ReplyDelete