Sunday, June 2, 2013

#8Sunday - Drained - Episode 19: You've Got Nothing #WeWriWa

Welcome back to another weekend writing warrior excerpts! You can find the rules and the list of the other participants by heading here.

This week takes off from last week, because I know how much everyone enjoys Cavanough. I hope he's about to get his comeuppance.

~

"You are only the doctor because I've allowed it," he sneered. "Have you forgotten what happened to the doctor you replaced?"

I wanted to snap that I couldn't forget that which I had never been told, but I held my tongue. Cavanough was a piece of work.

"I'm the doctor because I have the education," I took a deep breath. "You can attempt to dispute that all you want. You didn't award me with this position, I earned it." The team was in my head, and I smiled as they filled in the details I was lacking.

"Besides, unlike the other doctor whose sudden brain injury made you believe she was unfit, you, Sir, don't have shit on me."

~

Thanks for stopping by this weekend and leaving your feedback.

Have a great Sunday!

Keeley

10 comments:

  1. I love a girl who can hold her own, and she definitely does. Great snippet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best story, can't wait to read it all at once. Your heroine surely keeps her wits about her - excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE! Yes-- you go doc! Give him what he deserves! Nice job, Keeley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess she told him! Nice snippet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, what I wouldn't give for telepathic back-up!

    Nice scene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent dialogue! Lots of power in this scene and I love the way it plays back and forth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice excerpt... lots of raw emotion, powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice banter between the too and you gave her some kick ass dialogue. Well done!

    History Sleuth's Milk Carton Murders

    ReplyDelete
  9. She really kicked his ass but I have the feeling that he is going to get back at it next week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's really standing up to him there.

    ReplyDelete