Sunday, June 16, 2013

#8Sunday - Drained - Episode 20: Luke Delaney

Happy Fathers Day!

So awesomely, I missed the deadline last week to sign up for wewriwa. I was debating, as the clock tick tick ticked towards the final minutes, as to whether or not I really wanted to dedicate my Sunday off with the Boolighan (my 10 y/o) to reading and writing. I decided at the last possible second that I didn't, then changed my mind and -- lo and behold -- the linky was closed. Can I get a big fat duh.

Turns out, the Boolighan had his buddies over and played X Box Live. So it was, essentially, an opportunity wasted. Lesson (possibly) learned (but probably not).

On a positive note, I wrote the next part to my WIP, DRAINED, during the week, despite exams being a week away and needing to focus on them. The muse... Always strikes at the most inopportune times... But whatever. The part is written, posted on wattpad and freaking awesmazing. It is also where I am pulling this weeks sentences from.

~

There was a knock on the door. It swung open to reveal Staff Sergeant Luke Delaney -- gods gift to the world.

The man was chiseled out of diamond; so well muscled that the sleeves of his uniform should have split at the seams. He had flawless golden skin, brown hair flecked with honey-colored highlights, and the most riveting gray eyes that I had ever seen. If I wasn't his superior I would have thrown him the ground then and there. And let's just say it wouldn't have been to demonstrate a new karate hold.

None of my education could prepare me for the surge of hormones attacking me the instant Luke stepped into the lab. All I could do was stare at him, humiliated that I was nothing more than a blithering idiot in his gorgeous manly presence.

~

So there you have it. Thoughts?

Thanks for stopping by this week. You can check out the talented wewriwa participants by heading here.

Cheers!

Keeley

4 comments:

  1. OK wow, please tell me Luke has SOME fault LOL?! What a hot description - excellent excerpt to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--GREAT description! And I love her candid sharing of what she'd have done had she not been his superior! lol Great job, Keeley! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you use color adjectives in your description.

    ReplyDelete