Sunday, June 23, 2013

#8Sunday - Drained - Episode 21: Luke Part Two #WIP

Welcome back!

I'm keeping it short right now -- I've got a little over an hour before I need to leave for work. Awesomely, I remembered as I was falling asleep last night that today was Sunday. As my niece would say... "That's so extra". Still have no idea what that means, but what the hell. I'll go with it today.

This follows close behind last week, and right after Casey has been advised that rank doesn't prevent relationships in the mutant world.

~

The temperature in the room rose as Luke's eyes seemed to tear my clothes off where I stood. I cleared my throat.

"Something you needed, Sergeant?"

The tip of his tongue rested on the corner of his upper lip for a moment. He cocked his head and fixed those slate gray orbs on me.

I thought I was going to incinerate and prayed it would not be quick.

"Information for you, Colonel."

I tore my eyes away from him and noticed, for the first time, the folder in his hand. The black circular stamp on the front with the red splash marring it gave away its origins.

~

I am stuck in the land of real people for the next 10-12 hours, and my last exam is tomorrow morning, so I will be delayed in catching up on blogs this week...

Thanks so much for stopping by. You can find the posts of the very talented wewriwa contributors by following this link.

Have a great day!

Keeley

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, slow incineration...smoldering. And then the darn folder of official business intrudes! Terrific snippet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, Keeley! I like this story :-) Good eight again.

    Good luck on your exam tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow incineration...hmmm. Sounds like things may be heating up!

    ReplyDelete