Sunday, June 30, 2013

#8Sunday - Drained - Episode 22: Sniffing

Welcome back for another edition of weekend writing warriors!

This week follows closely behind last week.

~

Luke Delaney had sniffed me.

I stood frozen in place, part of me hoping that I was hearing things, the other part - I'd place an estimate at say, ninety two point three percent - hoping it was true.

I had only ever heard about sniffing from the others; while they compared notes about their spouses/significant others. If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm still kind of new to the mutant world.

According to the other females - the more experienced ones - sniffing only meant one thing. The Sergeant was interested. In me.

The back of my neck tingled as he stepped closer.

~

Thanks for stopping by this week and leaving your feedback.

You can check out the many talented participant excerpts by heading over here.

See you next weekend!

Keeley

7 comments:

  1. No wait, I want MORE LOL. Really enjoyed this snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the oldest, most basic sense -- smell. Love that you went there; it sets them apart from the norm. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I love your characters, Keeley! I never no what to expect, and this did not disappoint :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! I'm trying to pass myself off as a writer, and then I go and write "no" for "know"!! oy, lol!

    Nice! I love your characters, Keeley! I never KnoW what to expect, and this did not disappoint :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sniffling is so funny. I really enjoyed this snippet.

    ReplyDelete