Sunday, July 21, 2013

#8Sunday - Drained - Episode 24: All Things Forgotten

Welcome back!

This week follows closely where we left off two weeks ago, with the doctor explaining the addictive nature of hormones on mutant males.

~

I know what you're thinking. How bad can one sniff really be? Well, since you asked.

These guys are capable of sniffing out the hormone fluctuation - however slight - in any female old enough to produce one. Apparently this is relevant to the work they do, as demonstrated by Michael and Mare.

I heard Luke's sharp intake of breath and then his sigh, and turned around in time to see him step towards me, folder on the floor, long forgotten. His eyes had darkened and his hands were trembling.

I was  in trouble, I knew, as a jolt of electricity tore up my spine.

~

Thanks for stopping by this week and leaving your feedback :)

Be sure to check out the wonderful and talented writers participating in wewriwa this week by following this link.

Cheers!

Keeley

7 comments:

  1. I love the character-building you're doing, and the world-building! You make it fascinating, Keeley! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, sounds like the situation just got a little freaky! How's she gonna escape from this situation? Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice snippet, I'm hooked! (Now to go check out those past entries...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could be the good kind of trouble though, maybe? Really enjoying this story, can't wait for more! Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting snippet ... hopefully the trouble is good trouble...cept I'm not sure. Guess I'll have to wait till next week to find out. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good trouble I hope. This snippet made me go back and read the others.

    ReplyDelete