Saturday, June 7, 2014

#8Sunday - Fall From Grace - Episode 12: Cyanide and RPG's



Happy Weekend, My Lovelies.

It's been a while since I posted anything for WeWriWa (or really, posted anything at all), and it's been two years since I posted anything about this story. I'm currently rewriting it, and it's been pretty all consuming these last few weeks.

To recap, and get you up to speed, the Captain has just watched the helicopter carrying her friends get blown out of the sky and she is pretty sure that the Commander has something to do with it... It could be because of the smell of cordite lingering around him, or maybe the RPG he had stashed in his office -- who really knows? She certainly thinks she does.

~

"Captain," he stopped in his tracks, choking on the smoke. "I'm a little surprised to see you back."

"Surprised to see me alive would be more accurate," she forced a chuckle. She could not remember being so angry; her hands shook and her eyes teared with the rage she fought to contain.

"You look like you're going to pop a blood vessel, Captain. Let's say we step into my office and have a drink. I have a fine scotch in my desk and we can talk more privately."

"I'm going to have to decline without thanks, Commander," she offered him a tight smile. "I don't drink with the enemy, you see, and I'm allergic to cyanide."

~

Something tells me that the Commander is for a world of hurt. What do you think?

Check out the WeWriWa site for links to the very talented writers participating this week.

Thanks for stopping by :) Your comments are always appreciated.

Cheers!

~ Keeley

12 comments:

  1. Wow, tense, grim, can't wait to see what happens next! A strong, excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronica! More to follow this week ;)

      Delete
  2. Interesting...you really left me wanting more with that 8!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, and thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Love that last line. Lots of tension here. Great eight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Alexis :) I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Very nice--love when the bad guys get their comeuppance :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE her final line to him! Great character writing, Keeley! And I'm so glad to see your wewriwa post. Welcome back! How did your arm--or was it shoulder, heal? Classes done for the summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teresa :) Glad to be back!

      It was actually both. o.O Arm healed up nicely. Shoulder is completely [insert bad word here], lol.

      Classes done for now, more physics in the fall. Woo!

      Delete
  6. I'd be interested to know if she's jumping to conclusions...sometimes when we assume...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually... But she is very rarely wrong...

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete