Saturday, June 18, 2016

#rescuedogs and #mentalhealth

It's 86 days into a whole new me.

And it's one of THOSE days.

To be completely honest, I don't stink. But I've had trouble getting to the laundry room without my fab sister to make sure no one is lurking around trying to eat me. I'm not actually worried that I'll get eaten, I just have very bad anxiety and can't seem to leave the house alone.

So today, I latched our older girl, a rotti cross we rescued almost eight years ago, to my waist and went down to the laundry room. (Trial run, still couldn't do it without my human!)

Lady Jaye (the dog) did such a good job! She made sure to check the place out before I went in. She sat beside me watching the door the entire time my back was turned. I still shook like a leaf on a blustery day, but nobody ate me.

I think we may be on to something.

If only I could bring her everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment