Thursday, June 9, 2016

Success

Day 77

And I did it!  I went downtown and meet with workers comp. They did not eat me. Or chew me up and spit me back out.

It certainly felt like they would, though. And I had a massive panic attack standing in front of reception. I ended up crying and giving myself hives. Not one of my finest moments, but there's nothing I can do about it now.

The worker was very nice and did everything she could to put me at ease. I'm not sure what brought on the entire thing, but hey, I hear that's brain injury for you.

Finally got the call from the rehab institute. My consult with them is Tuesday morning. Another stressful ride downtown, but maybe it'll get easier. It's really just 22 km away. Not at all far. I keep telling brain that. Brain keeps laughing like a lunatic.

Oh well. I did it. I went, I saw, I conquered. I didn't turn tail and run back to the car. So score one for me.

I did take a 3 hour nap when I got home though. Lol.

This evening we figured out how I could walk the dog without hurting the dog or myself. It's genius, really, and we've had the solution at home the entire time. It's a bungee type leash that attaches to a waist belt that we use for hands free runs with pooch face. So we walked when I woke up and it was quite enjoyable for all parties. This is exciting!

Off for now. Have yet another appointment with the doc in the am. That one is within my comfort zone, so I'm only a little anxious about it.

Thanks for reading :)

~ KSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment